PART II, GENERAL LEGISLATION
Chapter 103, FUND RAISING EVENTS
[Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Honeoye Falls 8-17-2015 as L.L. No. 2-2015.]
§ 103-1. Fund Raising Events.
- Any person (which includes a corporation, LLC, association, partnership, club or organization) desiring to conduct a fund raising event shall obtain a permit from the Board of Trustees. The application for the permit shall be submitted to the Board of Trustees not less than 30 days prior to the event date. The application shall be in writing and contain the following information:
- Name and address of the organization desiring to conduct the event and therepresentative of the organization who will be in charge of the event with contact information.
- If a tax exempt organization is the applicant, a copy of its "determination letter" from the IRS that it is tax exempt.
- The location of the event, the owner of the premises of the location of the event and written permission from the owner of the premises.
- Date and times of said event.
- If permit granted, not less than 15 days prior to the event the organization shall submit a copy of liability insurance coverage naming the Village of Honeoye Falls as an additional insured and with the amount of coverage as requested by the Board of Trustees.
- If the event includes the sale of food, the name and address of the person or entity which will prepare and serve the food and Certificate from the Monroe County Department of Health permitting the preparation and sale of food for the event issued to said person or entity.
- A sketch or map demonstrating that off street parking is available for consumers, that traffic flow will not be impaired, and the event will not create hazardous conditions for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Satisfactory proof of how refuse, debris and garbage will be removed from the event location, including from sidewalks, roadways and rights of way.
- The Board of Trustees may waive any of the requirements or may request additional information upon review of the application.
- All organizations and clubs affiliated with the Honeoye Falls - Lima Central School District and all church related organizations shall be exempt from obtaining a permit, when the event is conducted on the property of the school district or church, respectively.
- An organization may conduct three fund raising events from May 1 to October 31 between the hours of 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. each year; and
- the fund raising event shall be conducted in a non residential district or village park or property; except it shall be permitted in a residential district if the event is conducted by a church on property owned by the church located in a residential district or by a school organization on school district property.
- A permit for said event shall be issued by the Clerk after review and approval of the application by the Mayor or the Board of Trustees and payment to the Clerk of a fee of $25.
(back to top)